selected Job Posting: MISC 16/17-056
Position Title: Custodial Maintenance Instructor
Salary/Pay Scale: $16.00-$18.00/Hour (Non-Unit)
Course Instructor for adult job training students in Custodial Maintenance. Course topics include general facility maintenance, safety, building operations and intro to mechanical systems.
All new employees must be fingerprinted and cleared for employment through the NYS Education Department before employment begins. The new employee is responsible for fingerprinting fees of $99.00.
Salary/Pay Scale: $16-$18/hr. (non-unit)
Reports to: Director of Community Education
Work Year: 8-week sessions, three times per year
Hours: Monday & Thursday evenings, 6:00 pm -9:00 pm
Location: Odyssey Academy (or various District buildings)
1. High school diploma or equivalent;
2. 5 years experience in Custodial Maintenance, 2 years in a supervisory capacity;
3. Experience in teaching/training employees;
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
5. Ability to teach to multiple learning styles and intelligences;
6. Sensitive to the diversity of adult learners.
Duties to Include the Following:
1. Prepare and implement lesson plans;
2. Provide regular, informal and skill specific assessments of students;
3. Maintain accurate and complete student attendance records;
4. Collaborate with other staff as needed;
5. Other duties as assigned.
Before applying for any positions, you must first obtain an Applicant ID Number. If you do not have one, please go to the Job Application page and click on "Register Now" to complete an application. You will then be assigned an Applicant ID Number which will enable you to apply for open positions once you have completed your application. The Applicant ID Number you receive is transferable within any of the districts participating in the Monroe 2 BOCES Online Web Recruitment system. A listing of those districts will be emailed, along with your Applicant ID Number, once you have started the job application. In order to be considered for a specific position of interest, you must enter your Applicant ID Number in the space provided in that specific job posting.